We have moved. You will now be redirected to our new site ECF.BUZZ

Thursday 25 April 2019

Crowdcube crashed by Freetraders



Freetrade's record breaking £4m raise on Crowdcube has crashed the site and has been removed. Much to the irritation of wannabe investors and the humiliation of the platform.


Oddly they knew this was going to be a massive rush but their tech doesnt seem able to cope. They are trying again tomorrow.

We are more interested in whether this is a good investment - well by the looks of it far more interested than the investors who piled in and took it up to over £600k in minutes - without reading the offer.

It seems no matter what they do, Crowdcube Carry on Regardless. Wonder who Hattie Jacques would have played? 

3 comments:

  1. If they allow you to trade for pretty much zero cost

    How do they make money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of those new businesses that dont need to make money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promised myself I'd not use crowdcube again (for all the reasons highlighted in your blog) until Freetrade came up and I had a small follow-on investment following my original investment pre-launch. I've been impressed by Freetrade so far, it's allowed me to do loads of share investments at very low cost. Granted, the performance graphs are pretty poor on the iOS app so I used Hargreave Lansdown for intelligence and Freetrade to conclude the deal. Worked well so far for me, so hopeful this platform will be a success as a business and give me a decent return. Who knows ?

    ReplyDelete